- Skill level: Advanced beginner
- Dates: Thursday, 20 Oct, 6:30 – 8:30 pm (1 session, 2 hours total)
- Instructor: Elizabeth Hilton
- Cost: $29 + HST + materials
Mosaic Knitting is a term coined by Barbara Walker to describe slip stitch knitting using 2 colours. This simple, yet effective technique can be used to create stunning designs without having to work with more than 1 yarn at a time. This class will focus on how to read Mosaic patterns and how to use the technique. We will work on a series of patterns to make a”Sampler” that can be joined and made into a cowl, or continued into a scarf
Students must be comfortable with garter stitch. This class is suitable for advanced beginners and anyone wanting to learn this simple technique.
Please make sure your yarn choices are highly contrasting.
- 50 grams of a dark-coloured, worsted weight yarn
- 50 grams of a light-coloured worsted weight yarn
- Appropriate needles, usually a 5mm either straight or circular
- Highlighter tape
Using the dark yarn, cast on 35 stitches and work 10 rows of garter stitch.