- Skill level: Intermediate
- Dates: Saturdays, 17 Sep, 2:00 – 5:00 pm, 24 Sep, 8 & 22 Oct, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (4 sessions, 9 hours total)
- Instructor: Elizabeth Hilton
- Cost: $113 + HST + materials
Using a modular technique, we will create a multicoloured vest incorporating 3 solid colours and 1 variegated yarn. Fingering/sock weight yarn results in an easy to wear and versatile garment. Personal colour choice will ultimately decide the flare of the finished vest. From dramatic to subtle, the choice is yours. Pattern is provided. The classes are scheduled to allow time for you to complete the vest and finish it in the final class. This class is suitable for anyone comfortable with garter stitch.
- Skill level: All welcome
- Date: Saturday, 7 Nov, 10:30 am – 1:00 pm (1 session, 2.5 hours)
- Instructor: Mairi McKissock
- Cost: $30 + HST
Are you hesitant to choose colours for a new project? Have you always wondered why some colours work well together and others just don’t? Join us for a discussion on colour theory, with some practical exercises to illustrate the lesson in yarn and help you apply what you learn to your wardrobe and favourite crafts.
Basic Two-colour Knitted Hat
- Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
- Date: Saturdays,11 Apr, 1:00pm-3:00pm & 18 Apr, 1:00pm-2:00pm (2 sessions, 3 hours total)
- Instructor: Trish Denhoed
- Cost: $35 + HST
Learn the ups and downs of 2-colour knitting, holding one colour in each hand and catching each stitch at the back of the work, while you make this lovely, warm, simple hat.
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Date: Saturday, 26 Mar, 2-5 pm (1 session, 3 hours)
Instructor: Mairi McKissock
Cost: $35 + HST + materials
For anyone interested in getting the most out of hand-dyed yarns, this workshop explains how to analyse and work with the colour repeat of a space dyed yarn. A simple pattern for a bias-knit, garter stitch scarf will be provided, and you will be able to begin a scarf project in class.