This class will teach you everything you need to know to turn you into a happy hooker! So, if you’ve ever had a burning desire to learn how to crochet, this is the class for you. You will learn all the basics, and a few tricks besides. And for those of you who knit, this is a great way to expand your needlework horizons. Crochet is a fabulous companion, not only for fixing mistakes, but also for making quick and easy borders.
- proper form; hook manipulation
- foundation chaining; foundation rings and magic circles
- side to side crochet
- crocheting in the round
- single crochet stitches
- double crochet stitches
- slip stitching
- increasing and decreasing
- changing yarns and colours
- reading a pattern
- making a granny square and either a hat or a neck cuff
None. Just a desire to learn.
- 5mm crochet hook
- either 100grams of worsted wool (for hat), or 200grams of worsted wool (for neck cuff)
- small amounts of 4 different colours of worsted weight yarn (for granny square) 25g each
There is no homework required to prepare for the first class. Between sessions, homework involves practising what we learn in class. The third class will involve a small project to apply what you’ve learned.