Bubbles and Brioche is another of the popular Stephen West shawl designs. Lisa knit this with a mix of sock yarns from Canadian independent dyers. Nina carries a fine selection of hand-dyed sock yarns to choose from, and we love the strong contrasts that Lisa has chosen. That neon yellow-green colour really pops!
Lisa says that what she liked most about this pattern was:
- learning the brioche stitch.
- the interesting stitch pattern changes incorporated in the design
- the very cool “peacock effect” by the end of the project
- how much fun it is to do the bubbles
- using high contrast colours that really make them pop!
We agree that it’s a great pattern for learning new skills – nothing too difficult, but tremendous fun from start to finish.