- Skill level: Intermediate
- Date: Saturday, 30 Jan, 2:00 – 500 pm (1 session, 3 hours)
- Instructor: Cristina Simionovici
- Cost: $35 + HST
In this class the participants will learn to create a “two sided” fabric, using two different colour yarns and the brioche stitch.
The two-colour brioche stitch is knitted on circular or double pointed needles. All rows are worked twice, once in the leading colour yarn, and once in the contrasting colour yarn.
You will learn:
- the Brioche knit stitch
- the brioche purl stitch
- how to use 2 contrasting yarns to create a “two sided” fabric
- how to work increases in 2-colour brioche knitting
- how to work decreases in 2-colour briocheknitting
This class is intended for intermediate knitters, with some previous experience of single-colour brioche knitting. You should:
- know how to work simple brioche
- have good basic knitting skills (knitting and purling)
- know how to cast on and bind off
- be able to identify mistakes and problems in your knitting (such as accidental yarn-overs, dropped or incorrectly mounted stitches)
Please bring the following with you to class:
- 2 contrasting colour yarns in the same weight – DK wool (or wool blend) is recommended
- Circular needles (24 or 32 inches in length, or long double pointed needles suitable for the chosen yarn. If not sure about the needle size, use the recommended needle size on the yarns’ label.
There is no homework required for this workshop.