- Skill level: Easy
- Date: Saturday, 23 Nov, 2:00 – 4:00 pm (1 session, 2 hours)
- Instructor: Cristina Simionovici
- Cost: $24 + HST
The class offers a glimpse into the secrets of continental knitting: how to hold your yarn, how to knit and purl in more than one way, how to control tension.
The class is intended for English knitters or new knitters who want to improve their knitting.
You will learn how to:
- hold the yarn with your left hand for continental knitting
- pick the yarn to knit continental
- the knit stitch
- the purl stitch (more than one way)
- understand how stitches are ‘mounted’ on the needle, and work with different configurations
Students must be able to:
- cast on
- knit and purl
- bind off
Please bring the following with you to class:
- Light coloured DK weight yarn (wool recommended)
- needles to suit the yarn (if in doubt, check the ball band recommendations)
There is no homework for this class.